- Take shorter showers!
- Turn off the sink while brushing your teeth or washing your face and hands. (you waste 3-5 gallons per minute by leaving it on!!)
- Sweep your driveway with a broom versus washing it off with a hose
- Set up your sink so that you have a scrubbing station so water is not constantly running.
- When waiting for water to heat up in shower, fill the cold water in a bucket and use it to water your garden!
- Keep your room clean! Specifically, be aware of when your clothes are actually DIRTY so that they are washed for a reason, not simply because they were left on your floor.
- Remind your parents that washing the car less often saves water (and may get you out of the dreaded chore).
Back to How to Help the Earth