From Klamath Falls
- Follow Hwy 97 north to Hwy 62 (Crater Lake Highway) and turn west (left).
- Go north on Hwy 62 for 11 miles.
- Turn right on the Kimball State Park Road (Sun Mountain Highway) immediately after passing the Ft. Klamath Museum, (milepost- 91.5). The "turn" occurs on a sharp curve.
- Follow the Kimball Park Road approximately 3 miles north, passing the Sun Pass State Forest sign and Dixon road.
- Just pass Dixon Road, take the next unpaved forest road to the east (right) to Klamath Outdoor Science School.