- Follow Hwy 97 to Hwy 422 (north Chiloquin exit, just south of milepost 247).
- Turn west (right), toward Fort Klamath on Hwy 422.
- Follow Hwy 422 to Hwy 62.
- Turn north (right) on Highway 62.
- Turn right on the Kimball State Park Road (Sun Mountain Highway) immediately after passing the Ft. Klamath Museum, (milepost - 91.5). The "turn" occurs on a sharp curve.
- Follow the Kimball Park Road approximately 3 miles north, passing the Sun Pass State Forest sign and Dixon Road.
- Just past Dixon Road, take the next unpaved forest road to the east (right) to Klamath Outdoor Science School.